Suggested Installation Instructions for (Skip Shift) CAGS Eliminator
This kit will allow you to disable the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your C5 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. This kit uses genuine Delphi Packard Electric Systems division connectors, plugs and seals to protect your wiring harness and CAGS solenoid to allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you so desire. This kit is designed for use on both the standard MN6 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox and also the M12 Z06 Corvette's 6-speed gearbox. No permanent modifications are required to install this product.
NOTE: This kit will prevent the CAGS solenoid from engaging but the "1 to 4" light on the dash will still illuminate when skip shift conditions are met.
WARNING: Installation of this product will require that the installer come in close contact with the exhaust system and transmission case. These items can become extremely hot when the vehicle is driven. Allow vehicle time to cool before attempting to install CAGS Eliminator. Use appropriate safety precautions and equipment when installing this product.
1. Disconnect your Corvette's negative battery cable from the battery. The stock cable color is black, but you should check the markings on the battery to be certain.
2. To gain access to the CAGS solenoid, raise your Corvette as directed by the GM Shop/Owners Manual. Be sure to follow all safety precautions and use jack stands to support the vehicle.
3. The CAGS solenoid is located on the drivers' side of the transmission towards the top and rear of the transmission. The wiring harness connector is white and blue in color.
4. Gently lift the locking clip and unplug the connector from the solenoid. Make sure the connector and solenoid are clean. Plug the black end of the CAGS Eliminator into the wiring harness. You should hear a snap/click sound when the wiring harness is completely seated. Plug the white end of the CAGS Eliminator into the CAGS solenoid. You should hear a snap/click sound when the connector is completely seated.
5. Lower Corvette according to GM Shop Manual procedures.
6. Re-connect negative battery cable and test-drive car.
Corvette Accessories Unlimited, LLC Limited Lifetime Warranty:
Corvette Accessories Unlimited, LLC warrants this CAGS Eliminator to be free from defects in material and workmanship for its life so long as the original purchaser owns it. It does not apply to normal wear or damage from misuse, abnormal use, neglect, abuse, accident or external causes. If a defect is found, call Corvette Accessories Unlimited, LLC for instructions at: 262/642-4026.
Corvette Accessories Unlimited, LLC has no liability for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The above warranties are in lieu of all others, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability or the fitness for a particular purpose. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from State to State.